PRINCE POPPYCOCK

The graphics are a significant upgrade from the Prince of Persia that was on the Apple computer, but they are not amazing. Players will experience the game on a two dimensional environment (ala Castlevania). You will encounter a myriad of trapped doors, hazardous spikes, and deadly blades. Jumping from platform to platform makes up a great deal of the gameplay (too much for my taste)

IT'S ALIVE!

Murder in Vein, the first book in my new Fang-In-Cheek mystery series, is now LIVE on Amazon and BN.com – nearly 4 weeks early! This means it should reach brick and mortar stores in the next few weeks.

Hard Cover Edition Update - Murder In Vein is also coming out in a limited hard cover edition! A first for me and for Midnight Ink! For those of you who would like the hard cover edition, it will be out sometime in September and will cost about $24.95. There will only be 500 printed, and for starters it will only be available through mystery book stores and some other independent book stores, so you may have to order it to make sure you get your copy. Because of the limited amount of copies, we cannot guarantee that hard cover copies will be available at all of my signings.

Signed Copies - If you would like a signed copy of the hard cover edition of Murder In Vein, you might try The Mystery Book Store in Los Angeles. Since they will be hosting the launch of Murder In Vein on September 18th at 5:00 p.m., I am sure they would be happy to take orders for signed copies of the hard cover edition, or signed copies of the trade paper edition.

WOW! What a ride!
For those of you who don’t know the story behind this book, just a short year ago Murder in Vein was just an idea in the back of my brain. Something I hadn’t even discussed with my agent yet. And now look … it’s a book! My initial contracts are for 3 books in this darkly funny mystery series. I am currently half way through book 2 in the series.

A big shout out to my agent, Whitney Lee, who recognized the potential of my different spin on the vampire genre, to Terri Bischoff, who was determined to obtain this series for Midnight Ink, and to Midnight Ink/Llewellyn Worldwide for fast-tracking production.

Shortly after the ink was dry on the contracts, Terri called me and asked if I could deliver the manuscript in two months, instead of the nine months stated in the contract. I nearly had a heart attack. After all, I have a day job! She outlined Llewellyn’s reasons for the change and let me digest it for about 30 seconds. It made sense from a marketing and sales standpoint, but could I do it? Not one to back down from a challenge, I took a deep breath and said YES. In the words of the elegant Tim Gunn, I would just have to “make it work.” And I did, working like a mad woman every minute I wasn’t at my office, giving up holidays, parties and relaxation to get Murder In Vein on the page.

And now it’s an undead book!